Sunday, November 21, 2010

Now that 12 Angry Men is over we are starting stories and movies about civil rights. I honestly think this is a very interesting topic. The first story we read was Night John. It was pretty good. I think what that man did was amazing. To teach other slaves to read is a very good idea so they can share their stories of how they were treated. The second story was a chapter from a biography about Malcolm X. It seemed like he had a very interesting childhood. He was treated badly but then once he left his home he was treated really well. Now we are watching Great Debaters. So far it is a really good movie. Its amazing how this small college is beating all the top colleges in speech and debate competitions.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Mark. I really like this unit too. Some of the stories are really interesting, especially the one by Malcolm X. I've heard a lot about him, but I've never actually read any stories with him in it.

    ReplyDelete